DIPLOMA IN MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGY(DMLT)
Fatima Institute of Medical Sciences offers a diploma course in Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT) recognized by NIOS and Indian Medical Association (IMA), New Delhi. The course aims at training students in laboratory techniques and making them responsible for performing laboratory investigations relating to diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease. We have an intake of 30 students per batch per year. FIMS has applied to the State Medical Faculty, Lucknow for the affiliation of the DMLT course and we are hopeful to obtain recognition from the State Medical Faculty this Academic Year.
- • To provide quality Medical Laboratory education to the students adhering to the syllabus and curriculum laid down, and prepare them to be the custodians of health in the community through clinical practices in the hospital.
- • To make students aware of health issues of the area and to sensitize the population on common eye diseases by periodic intervention in the community.
- • To build up the best practices in pathological tests by establishing good health-seeking behavior.
- • To bring out the best in every student through teaching, training and exchange programme.
- • To provide opportunities for excellent theoretical and practical knowledge to all the students and promote professionalism in eye care services.
Duration of the Course:
The DMLT Course is a 2-year diploma course.
Eligibility for Admission
Candidate should be between 17 [as of 30th September ofthat year] to 35 years of age.
Candidate can be male or female and unmarried.
The minimum educational qualification is 10+2[intermediate] pass with [Physics, Chemistry, Biology] on the first attempt with an aggregate of 40% marks.
The candidate should be physically and mentally fit to do the training.
The candidate should have a minimum weight of 38kg and a height of 148cm.
Mode of Application
The application form and prospectus will be issued from the office of FIMS at Fatima College of Nursing in the months of May-June and the entrance exam will be conducted in the month of July based on the +2 exam results.
The form and prospectus shall be available on payment of Rs. 300/- in person or Rs. 320/- by D.D/Multi-City cheque favoring "Fatima School of Nursing" payable at Gorakhpur.
The application form shall be also available online in our website www.fatimahospitalgkp.com.
Once the DMLT Course is affiliated to medical faculty Lucknow, the mode of application and admission process shall be as per the guidelines of the medical faculty.
Any change in the admission process shall be displayed on the nursing college notice board and also shall be updated on our website.
Application forms duly filled in (by the candidate in her handwriting) and the following enclosures should reach the office on or before the given date.
• Xerox copies of the mark sheets and the high school/ matric and intermediate certificates or equivalent examinations showing the date of birth.
- • School-leaving and conduct certificate from the college last attended.
- • Conduct & Baptism Certificate from the Parish Priest (only for the Christian students)
- • Letter of reference from Superior General/Provincial (only for religious sisters)
- • Two self-addressed envelopes with a stamp affixed.
- • Caste certificate.
- • Five recent photographs.
- • Medical certificate from a registered Medical Officer.
- • Aadhar card or any other valid ID Proof.
The mode of admission can change as per Government regulations at any time. FIMS shall abide by the rules and regulations of the U.P State Medical Faculty for the admission of the candidates to the course of DMLT.
Selection & Admission
The applicants who fulfil the admission requirements will be shortlisted for an entrance test and personal Interview at FIMS.
- • The written test will be based on intermediate subjects such as English, Science and General knowledge.
- • Candidates must obtain a 40% mark in the entrance test to qualify for the interview
- • Candidates qualified in the interview shall be shortlisted in the merit list
- • There shall be a List of Waiting followed by the Merit List.
- • Candidates on the Waiting List shall be considered only if the candidates on the Merit List do not take admission on the given dates
- • Candidates on Waiting List shall be called on a merit basis only.
- • No repeated entrance test shall be conducted.
Interview and Selection
- • It is requested that the interview list should be checked either on our Website (www.fatimahospitalgkp.com) OR on Notice Boards at Fatima college of nursing for the List of Merit and Waiting List.
- • The applicant should ensure the specific date for theinterview from the particulars furnished on the notice board.
- • The originals of the certificates are to be produced for verification at the time of the interview in hard copy.
- • Selection and admission will be based on the merits of qualifying written tests and interviews.
- • Preference will be given to candidates from U.P State and Christian minorities.
- • The list of candidates selected for the course will be announced on the Internet/ Notice Boards.
- • Selected candidates will have to undergo a complete medical check-up conducted by the institution, and those found fit will be admitted for the course.
- • The selected candidates must pay the fees and join the course immediately, failing which, the admission granted will be cancelled.